Motion sickness is a common problem experienced by individuals while travelling. It may occur while travelling in a car, boat, plane or train. Motion sickness is caused by repeated movements. While travelling, there are lots of uneven surfaces and you may be travelling in a circle which sends different signals to the brain. There are different signals that reach your brain and balance is disturbed due to which you may have motion sickness. Motion sickness is common in women and children. Symptoms of motion sickness may last for few hours and in some cases for few days after travelling. People feel sick even after the travelling is over. It is a common problem faced by people while travelling. It is not a disease but it can be treated easily at home or by using natural motion sickness treatments. There are different remedies that help you to prevent motion sickness without producing any side effects.
Causes of motion sickness
The main cause of the motion sickness is not understood but it is caused due to different types of movements that are experienced while travelling. Normally, ear is responsible for maintaining the balance of our body movements. During travelling your ear is not able to sense the movements properly due to which you feel symptoms of motion sickness. Generally people who are weak, have low immune system, have frequent attacks of migraine headaches, women and children suffer from motion sickness.
Symptoms of motion sickness
Different symptoms that are experienced by people suffering from motion sickness are:
- Rapid heartbeat and breathing rate
Your symptoms start improving as the vehicle stops. Some people do not experience such symptoms when they are travelling for long trips but in some people even travelling for very short distances can produce motion sickness symptoms. Alpha-MS helps to cure motion sickness naturally.
Dr. Willmar Alpha-MS
|2 Pack, Trackable Shipping Free||$31.95||Free Trackable|
|1 Pack, Reg. Free Shipping||$11.95||Shipping Free|
|2 Pack, Reg. Free Shipping||$21.95||Shipping Free|
Motion sickness treatments
There are different remedies that are given to prevent motion sickness. Sometimes conventional remedies may produce harmful effects on other parts of the body. Alpha MS is an excellent combination of homeopathic remedies for motion sickness treatment. It is one of the best motion sickness treatments that do not produce any side effects. It consists of safe homeopathic remedies for motion sickness. Alpha-MS consists of the following homeopathic remedies for motion sickness:
Cocculus indicus: It is an excellent homeopathic remedy for motion sickness treatment. It helps to prevent the symptoms of motion sickness if taken before journey. It is an excellent remedy for headache due to riding in fast moving vehicles. It is indicated for muscle aches and other symptoms that may occur due to motion sickness.
Tabacum: It is the best remedy for nausea, vomiting tiredness and giddiness that may occur during motion. There is headache from least motion. It is best indicated for persons who suffer from migraine headache and other complaints that are associated with motion sickness.
Ipecacuanha: It helps to cure motion sickness naturally. This is an excellent remedy for children who suffer from nausea and vomiting while travelling. It acts on the nerves and provides strength to the nervous system. It is absolutely safe homeopathic remedy to cure motion sickness.
Nux vomica: It is a suitable homeopathic medicine for gastric problems that may arise due to motion sickness. It is indicated for headache, vomiting, nausea and muscular stiffness. It is also indicated for abdominal discomfort that may occur during travelling. It is well suited for people who live a rich life and have discomfort or complaints aggravated after taking comprehensive remedies.
Petroleum: It is an excellent remedy indicated for people who suffer from irritability and headache while travelling. It is a wonderful remedy to cure the symptoms of motion sickness. People suffering from motion sickness cannot tolerate noise and this is the best remedy when such a symptom is present. It helps to cure motion sickness naturally.
To prevent motion sickness you may take one or two tablets about one or two hours before journey. You may also take one or two tablets hourly while travelling and when the symptoms subside you may take one or two tablets two hourly. Children may be given half of the adult dose.
Home remedies for motion sickness or vomiting during travel
There are many useful home remedies that help to prevent motion sickness or vomiting and headache during travel. Some of the important home remedies to relieve vomiting during travel and headache during travel are given here:
- Olives are very useful for curing motion sickness. You can have few olives before travelling in any vehicle. This helps to reduce the secretion of saliva that reduces the nausea and vomiting during travelling.
- Ginger is also an effective home remedy to treat or prevent symptoms of motion sickness. You can put a small piece of ginger in your mouth about one hour before you start the journey.
- Take a seat where you will experience least movement of your body. Sit in the front seat of the car, in the middle of the boat or over the wing of a plane.
- Try to take a nap while travelling or just close your eyes and do not look outside.
- Take a seat near the window from where you can get fresh air inside and you can have sufficient amount of oxygen to breathe normally.
- Do not read or watch TV while travelling.
- Do not eat heavy meals before travelling. Try to eat very light food and that too about one or two hours before travelling so that it gets properly digested.
- Do not stand during your trip. Keep sitting and do not look here and there. Try to fix your eyes in front on the horizon to prevent nausea and vomiting.
- Remain calm and cool and do not get over excited about travelling. Excitement may sometimes lead to motion sickness.
- Try to sit comfortably and away from people who are already sick. Try to find a seat near a positive and healthy person.