Allergic rhinitis may be defined as a reaction that occurs due to irritants. These irritants release histamine and causes inflammation of the nose. There are different types of allergic rhinitis. Some children suffer from allergic rhinitis during change of season. In some children allergies may occur throughout the year. Allergic rhinitis is difficult to diagnose at an early stage. As child grows up and suffer from recurrent attacks of allergic rhinitis then it may be discovered. Children suffering from allergic rhinitis may have stunted growth. Children suffering from allergic rhinitis may have difficulty in breathing. In allergic rhinitis, baby running nose may be present. Allergic rhinitis may occur at any age.
Causes of allergic rhinitis
Allergic rhinitis may be produced by several causes. Different allergens are responsible for causing allergic rhinitis in children. Some common causes of allergic rhinitis are:
- Pollens: Pollens are the main cause of allergic rhinitis. It occurs during particular months of the year.
- Exposure to dust is another cause of allergic rhinitis. Some children start sneezing and have watery eyes when they are exposed to dust mites.
- Mold: Presence of mold in the house hold items may cause allergic rhinitis in children. It mainly occurs in damp places where growth of molds is rapid due to the presence of favourable conditions.
- Animal dander: Animal dander is another important cause of allergic rhinitis. It is found that children who play with animals are more likely to suffer from allergic rhinitis.
Dr. Willmar Luffakind
|2 Bottles, Trackeble shipping Free||$34.95||Free Trackable|
|1 Bottles, Reg. Free Shipping||$11.95||shipping Free|
|2 Bottles, Reg. Free Shipping||$21.95||shipping Free|
Symptoms of allergic rhinitis
Symptoms of allergic rhinitis may occur differently in every child. Some common symptoms of allergic rhinitis are discussed below:
- Congestion in the nose and chest
- There may be baby running nose
- Sneezing is common
- Headache due to congestion in the chest
- Mild fever may be present during an attack of allergic rhinitis
- Itching in the eyes, ears, nose and throat is present
- Clear and bland discharge from the nose
- Children suffering from allergic rhinitis may have recurrent infection of the ears
- Child with allergic rhinitis will breathe through the mouth
- Child may be weak and gets tired easily
- Child snores at night or during sleep
- Child fails to show good performance in school
Treatment for allergic rhinitis
In conventional remedies, there is no treatment for allergic rhinitis. Natural remedies such as homeopathic remedies are very useful in preventing the recurrent attacks of allergic rhinitis. Homeopathic remedies are safe and treat the underlying cause of the disease to give quick and permanent relief from allergic rhinitis. Luffakind is an excellent homeopathic product for the treatment of allergic rhinitis. This is an excellent combination of homeopathic remedies that provide relief from symptoms of allergic rhinitis. The remedies contained in Luffakind work together to give best results and quick improvement. It helps to boost up the immune system to prevent recurrent attacks of allergic rhinitis.
Luffa operculata: This is one of the best homeopathic remedy for allergic rhinitis in children. It helps to give quick relief from running nose and itching of nose, ears and throat. It gives relief from headache due to congestion. It is indicated for clear, yellow discharge that increases in the morning. Some children may have dry mucous membranes and there is no discharge from the nose. Children who feel better in open air and worse in warm room will require this homeopathic remedy for allergic rhinitis.
Cardiospermum halicacabum: This homeopathic remedy is best for the treatment allergic rhinitis in children. It helps to give relief from baby running nose. It boosts up the immunity of the child and prevents from recurrent attacks of allergic rhinitis.
Galphimia gluca: It is a homeopathic remedy that is indicated for increased nasal secretion. It is the best remedy for allergic rhinitis that occurs during change of weather. It gives relief from headache and congestion of the chest.
It is recommended to take four to five globules every half an hour during an acute attack. Time duration may be increased when a child gets relief from acute symptoms of allergic rhinitis.
Home remedies for allergic rhinitis
Home remedies are very useful in the treatment of allergic rhinitis of children. Allergic rhinitis can be easily prevented in children by using home remedies. Some useful home remedies for allergic rhinitis are:
- Keep your child indoors during pollen season. Try to reduce the exposure to the allergen to avoid attack of allergic rhinitis.
- Clean your house regularly and put the carpets and drapery in sun to avoid the growth of molds in the house.
- Do not allow children to go near pets. If possible make a separate house for pets and do not allow them to enter in the house.
- Ginger tea is very useful in giving relief from allergic rhinitis symptoms. Ginger has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Ask your child to wash face and eyes when they reach back home after playing outside in the ground.
- Keep humidifiers in the home to maintain proper humidity level so that your child may not get exposed to unwanted atmospheric conditions.
- Steam inhalations help to clear the nasal passages. You may give steam inhalations twice in a day to give relief from nasal congestion.
- Tulsi is an effective remedy for giving relief from symptoms of allergic rhinitis. Boil four to five tulsi leaves in one cup of water till it reduces to half. Give this decoction slowly to your child. It will give immediate relief from running nose and congestion in the chest.
- Take one tablespoon of lemon juice and add one teaspoon of honey to it. Heat this mixture and give this remedy three times in a day to relieve the symptoms of allergic rhinitis.
- Child should be given enough water to drink to keep body properly hydrated.
- Soak four to five almonds at night and peel them in the morning. Give the almonds to the child with tea. This is an excellent remedy as it helps to boost up the immunity and gives relief from headache and nasal congestion.