Low blood pressure is the level of blood pressure below normal. It is called as hypotension in medical terms. People suffering from low blood pressure are at lower risk of contracting heart diseases. But in some cases low blood pressure may cause problems. Therefore, anyone suffering from constant complaint of low blood pressure should take medical advice from a qualified physician to get the right treatment. Normal blood pressure for adults is 120/80. Any value below this normal limit will indicate low blood pressure or hypotension. The first reading is the measure of systolic blood pressure and the second reading gives the measure of the diastolic blood pressure. Constant low blood pressure may cause insufficient supply of blood to the major organs of the body such as heart, brain and other organs. Long standing blood pressure may lead to dizziness, vertigo, headache, weakness, etc. When a person suddenly rises up from a sitting position there is sudden drop in the blood pressure which is known as postural hypotension. It is an acute phase and goes away within few minutes. Another situation when a fall in blood pressure may occur is when a person stands for a long time. Risk of low and high blood pressure is associated with age.
Causes of low blood pressure
Low blood pressure may be produced during certain life situations. Some of the important causes of low blood pressure are given below:
- Women have low blood pressure especially during pregnancy. Due to inadequate diet, blood pressure may decline in pregnant women.
- Hormonal imbalance such as in people suffering from diabetes, hypothyroidism or low blood sugar level may also cause low blood pressure.
- Intake of some over the counter medications can also cause low blood pressure.
- Sometimes standing in the sun or heat for prolonged periods may cause low blood pressure. This causes dilation of the blood vessels and results in fall in blood pressure.
- Young girls may suffer from low blood pressure during menstruation. Due to loss of blood from the body, some girls feel weak and they experience fall in blood pressure.
- People who underwent surgery, or suffered injuries in an accident may also have low blood pressure due to reduced supply of blood. This happens due to loss of blood from the body.
- Fever, sepsis, dehydration, vomiting, diarrhoea may also lead to low blood pressure.
- After drinking alcohol or any other such habit forming substance may also cause drop in blood pressure.
- Some people suffer from anaphylactic shock and experience fall in blood pressure due to sudden reaction in the body.
Dr. Willmar Angioton
|2 Bottles, Trackable Shipping Free||$34.95||Free Trackable|
|1 Bottles, Reg. Free Shipping||$11.95||Shipping Free|
|2 Bottles, Reg. Free Shipping||$21.95||Shipping Free|
Homeopathic remedies for low blood pressure
Homeopathy is a safe and alternative therapy for the treatment low blood pressure. There are many homeopathic remedies for low blood pressure. Angioton is an excellent low blood pressure remedy that provides great relief from symptoms of low blood pressure without producing any side effects. People suffering from constant complaints of low blood pressure should take this homeopathic low blood pressure remedy to get rid of their problems. This homeopathic treatment low blood pressure remedy is safe and provides quick relief. Angioton consists of the following homeopathic remedies for low blood pressure:
Crataegus: This is an excellent treatment low blood pressure homeopathic remedy. It is indicated for people who suffer from chronic low blood pressure. It is especially suited to old people. It is indicated when a person complains of light-headedness, dizziness, weakness, fever and pain in extremities. There is a feeling of constriction around the chest.
Convallaria majalis: This is a wonderful low blood pressure remedy. It is indicated for low blood pressure and other associated symptoms. There is feeling of a band around the chest. Headache, dizziness, nausea and vomiting may be present due to fall in blood pressure. It is an excellent homeopathic remedy for the treatment of postural hypotension. It quickly gives relief from pain and vertigo in the head due to decreased supply of blood to the brain.
Adonis vernalis: This is also an excellent homeopathic remedy for postural hypotension. There is great anxiety and feeling of uneasiness due to shortness of breath. Patient is unable to lie down due to anxiety and dizziness. Vertigo may be present due to low blood pressure. There is sinking of the heart due to decreased supply of the blood and reduced action of the heart to pump the blood.
Cactus: This is another homeopathic remedy for the treatment of low blood pressure. There is a feeling as if something tight is present around the chest. It is difficult to bear tight clothing around the chest. There is a feeling of constriction in the chest. Patient feels difficulty in breathing and wants to lie down due to weakness. There is pain in the extremities.
Lobelia inflata: This homeopathic treatment low blood pressure remedy provides quick relief from low blood pressure. It is a suitable remedy for women who suffer from low blood pressure due to hormonal imbalance. It provides quick relief and helps in increasing the blood pressure naturally without producing any side effects. This homeopathic remedy may be regularly taken by women for the treatment of chronic condition of low blood pressure.
Precautions for preventing low blood pressure
Some useful tips are given here that may be used for preventing low blood pressure
People who suffer from recurrent attacks of low blood pressure should use more salt in diet. Sodium helps to increase the blood pressure quickly. It is important to increase the salt slowly and should monitor the blood pressure regularly because excess of salt may be harmful for the heart.
- One should drink more water as water helps to increase the volume of the blood and prevents dehydration. It helps in the natural treatment of low blood pressure.
- People suffering from postural hypotension should wear compression stockings to prevent the accumulation of blood in the low extremities. It also helps to relive the pain and swelling of the legs.
- Take a glass of warm milk and add powdered almonds in it. Drink it two times in a day for getting relief from weakness and headache.
- Beetroot juice is also an effective home remedy for the treatment of low blood pressure. People suffering from low blood pressure should beetroot juice two times in a day.
- Drinking a cup of coffee can also give quick relief from low blood pressure.