Constipation is defined as the slow movement of the faeces through the large intestines. There is passage of dry, hard faeces from the large intestine. When there is any pathology of the intestines that disrupts the movement of intestinal contents such as tumours, adhesions and ulcers can produce constipation. The main cause of constipation is irregular bowel habits that have developed through a lifetime of inhibition of the normal defecation reflexes. It is found that people who take laxatives to get relief from constipation have many side effects. The reflexes themselves become progressively less strong over a period of time by regular use of laxatives. Constipation can be prevented if a person established regular bowel habits early in life. Constipation can also result from spasm of a small segment of the sigmoid colon.
There is lot of straining during defecation in people suffering from constipation. Constipation may be present along with other digestive organs dysfunctions. Constipation is a not a disease but it is a discomfort and may produce many other signs and symptoms.
Causes of constipation
Some of the most important causes of constipation are discussed below. A person having constipation may have one or more cause of constipation. It is important to determine the real cause of the constipation to get rid of the problem forever.
- People who lead a sedentary life and do not exercise may suffer from constipation.
- As mentioned earlier, constipation may also result due to some obstruction in the intestine.
- Diet plays an important role in normal functioning of the digestive organs. People who eat processed foods more suffer from constipation. Lack of fibre in the diet is one of the main causes of constipation.
- Less intake of water can also cause constipation.
- It is common problem in pregnant women because they do not take proper diet to feed the growing embryo.
- Diseases of the large intestine can also cause constipation.
- People who take too many prescription remedies may also have constipation.
- It is a common complaint in people suffering diabetes and other chronic disease.
Bakson Y-LAX TABLETS (200 Tablets)
|2 Pack,Trackable Shipping Free||$34.95||Free Trackable|
|1 Pack, Reg. Free Shipping||$11.95||Shipping Free|
|2 Pack, Reg. Free Shipping||$21.95||Shipping Free|
Symptoms of constipation
Constipation may be accompanied by many other symptoms. People having long standing constipation may have uneasy feeling. Some of the important symptoms of constipation are:
- There is great straining for defecation. People suffering from constipation have to strain a lot for getting rid of hard stools.
- There is fullness in the abdomen due to accumulation of waste in the large intestines.
- People suffering from constipation have pain in the abdomen and they constantly complain of heaviness and fullness in the stomach.
- There is loss of appetite and people suffering from constipation do not have any desire to eat.
- Nausea and vomiting may be present in some cases due to accumulation of waste substances in the body.
- Chronic constipation may lead to the formation of fissures or piles. It is seen that people having chronic constipation also suffer from piles.
- Backache is also a common symptom of people suffering from constipation.
Homeopathic treatment for constipation
Y-Lax tablets are found to be best homeopathic treatment for constipation. It is a combination of great homeopathic remedies for constipation. Homeopathic remedies constipation are natural and do not produce any side effects. The different homeopathic remedies found in Y-Lax tablets help to regulate bowel movements naturally. The best homeopathic treatment for constipation consists of the following remedies:
Phenolphthalein: This is an additional constituent of Y-lax tablets. It helps to increase the motility of the stools and push forward the impacted stools easily to give relief from constipation. This helps by reducing the dryness of the mucous membranes.
Senna: This is a homeopathic remedy for constipation. It quickly gives relief from the symptoms of constipation. It relieves the flatulence and heaviness of the abdomen quickly. It is considered to be an excellent remedy for constipation treatment.
Sulphur: This is a great homeopathic remedy for digestive system disorders. It helps to treat the people who suffer from chronic constipation. There is no side effect even if this produce is taken regularly by the people for the constipation treatment. It helps to regulate bowel movements naturally.
It is recommended that adults should take two tablets before sleep and children may take one tablet during bedtime.
Home remedies for constipation
Home remedies are very useful in the treatment of constipation. People having acute symptoms may take home remedies for the treatment of constipation. Some of the important home remedies for constipation treatment are:
- Take a glass of Luke warm water and put one teaspoon of lemon juice along with a pinch of salt. Drink this everyday in the morning to get relief from constipation.
- Guava is an excellent fruit which is a rich source of fibre. People suffering from constipation may eat one guava everyday to get rid of constipation naturally.
- Eat one teaspoon of flax seeds with a glass of warm water in the morning for the natural treatment of constipation.
- Eat foods that are rich in fibre content such as green vegetables, fruits, etc. to avoid constipation.
- Regular exercise is very important to keep normal functioning of the digestive system. One should do simple exercise in the morning to avoid symptoms of constipation.
- It is recommended that people suffering from constipation should drink more water or take more fluids for easy movement of the stools from the intestines.
- It is recommended to eat dinner about two hours before sleep. This helps in proper digestion and assimilation of the food.
- Alcohol and smoking should be avoided as these are injurious for overall health of your body.
- People suffering from constipation should eat raisins because raisins are rich in fibre and quickly helps in getting rid of constipation. You can soak some raisins overnight and eat with hot milk in the morning to get rid of constipation naturally.
Thus, constipation can be avoided by making some changes in life and eating habits. It is not difficult to avoid constipation and other symptoms. You can enjoy life completely by taking few precautions and making some changes.