Dysmenorrhoea is a painful condition. Girls and women suffering from it experience pain during menstruation. There is extreme pain in the back and legs. Extreme pain occurs due to the release of prostaglandins and leukotrienes. Pain is felt due to the contraction of the uterus. It may be divided into two types:
Primary dysmenorrhoea and secondary dysmenorrhoea
In primary dysmenorrhoea is common in young girls and there is no pathology. It may occur after a short period from the time of menarche. Pain may occur in the lower part of the abdomen and back and last up to one or two days.
Secondary dysmenorrhoea occurs in women suffering from some pathological changes in the reproductive organs. The pain may start with the onset of the flow of menstrual blood and last for few hours. Women have to take painkillers for dysmenorrhoea treatment. Excessive intake of painkillers may produce other side effects on the body. Therefore, it is best to take alternative remedies or home remedies for dysmenorrhoea treatment.
SBL DYSMIN TABLETS
|2 Bottles, Trackeble shipping Free||$35.95||Free Trackable|
|1 Bottles, Reg. Free Shipping||$11.95||shipping Free|
|2 Bottles, Reg. Free Shipping||$22.95||shipping Free|
Causes of dysmenorrhoea
Dysmenorrhoea is a common condition and it is not a serious medical condition. Some of the important causes of dysmenorrhoea are:
- In some girls, menarche occurs very early and this may produce symptoms of pain and discomfort.
- Women who drink alcohol or do cigarette smoking are at great risk of developing painful contractions of the uterus.
- Obesity is another reason that may cause imbalance of the hormones and cause pain during menstruation.
- Poor social support and depression are other causes of painful menstruation. Women remain under stress suffer from pain and discomfort during menstruation.
- Other uterine problems such as endometriosis, poly cystic ovarian diseases, and fibroids may also cause pain during menstruation.
Symptoms of dysmenorrhoea
The main symptom of dysmenorrhoea is pain. There are some other symptoms that may be present along with pain.
- Women suffering from dysmenorrhoea have pain in the lower abdomen which may spread to other parts such as legs and back
- There is gripping and constant pain in the abdomen and lower part of the back
- There is difficulty in standing and walking
- Pain may be accompanied by headache, nausea and vomiting.
- Some women may also suffer from digestive problems along with dysmenorrhoea. Digestive problems such diarrhoea and constipation may occur.
- Some women feel tired and weak and may experience fainting spells due to extreme pain in the abdomen and back.
- Breasts become tender and painful to touch.
Dysmin is a combination of homeopathic remedies. It is an excellent painful menstruation treatment. Dysmin is believed to be an excellent cure for abdominal cramps. The useful remedies for the treatment of abdominal cramps used in the dysmin tablets are discussed below:
Belladonna: It is an excellent cure for abdominal cramps. This natural homeopathic remedy gives relief from pain in the abdomen. It also gives relief from nausea and vomiting that may occur due to pain in the abdomen.
Caulophyllum Thalictrodides: This is a useful remedy for painful menstruation treatment. It gives quick relief from pain that occurs during menstrual periods in women. Caulophyllum is an excellent female remedy and helps in the treatment of all types of menstrual disorders in women.
Cimicifuga racemosa: It is the best homeopathic remedy for painful menstruation treatment. This remedy is indicated when pain comes before the actual flow of the blood start. It is indicated for women who get profuse flow of blood with backache and nervousness.
Magnesia Phosphorica: It is a great homeopathic remedy indicated for dysmenorrhoea. It helps to give relief from early periods which are prolonged. This is indicated for cramps in the abdomen during flow of blood from the uterus.
Viburnum opulus: This is indicated for cramps in ovaries and uterus. There is spasmodic pain in the uterus. There is extreme weakness felt in the legs and patient is unable to walk. Regular intake of this remedy gives complete cure from abdominal cramps.
Four tables of dysmin should be taken two days before the onset of menstruation. When the period starts, then take four tablets every four hours till the pain subsides.
Home remedies for dysmenorrhoea
Women suffering from dysmenorrhoea may use home remedies for getting relief from pain during menstruation. Home remedies are effective in giving relief from pain and do not produce any side effects. Some of the useful home remedies for the treatment of dysmenorrhoea are given here:
- Take half glass of water and boil it by adding half teaspoon of ajwain. Reduce the water to half and drink it two times in a day after meals to get relief from pain.
- Take one banana and two to four pinches of fried asafoetida along with daily during the menstrual period. You may take this remedy for two to three consecutive cycles to get complete cure for painful menstruation.
- Take one cup of buttermilk and add one pinch of asafoetida, half teaspoon of powdered fenugreek seeds and one pinch of salt. Take this mixture two times in a day before meals. It is an excellent home remedy for painful menstruation.
- Avoid eating salty snack during menstruation. Increase intake of vitamin C and bioflavonoid because these help to give relief from menstrual cramps.
- Ginger tea is also useful in the treatment of menstrual cramps. You may drink ginger tea two times in a day to get relief from abdominal problems.
- Women suffering from dysmenorrhoea should eat healthy diet to boost up the immunity. Fruits and vegetables should be added to the diet to enhance the immunity of the body.
Precautions for dysmenorrhoea
- Women suffering from dysmenorrhoea should take proper rest when the menstruation starts.
- Hot drinks should be taken more to reduce the contractions of the uterus
- Cold foods and drinks should be avoided
- Hot water bottle may be kept to get relief from abdominal pain
- Meditation may be practiced to relieve stress and depression
- Avoid taking too much caffeine.